October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month!
Here are 5 tips to #BeCyberSmart
- Never share your multi-factor authorization code with anyone. The university will never ask for your password or code.
- Strong passwords are safe passwords. Strong passwords are long, unique, and randomly generated.
- Recognize and report phishing. Think before you click and hover over suspicious links to see and identify the sender.
- Update your software. Hackers don’t sleep, so turn on automatic updates to ensure your computer stays protected year-round.
- Report suspicious activity and links to firstname.lastname@example.org
— Oct. 2, 2023