Virtual Server Hosting
The Division of IT offers Virtual Server Hosting on VMware to departments as an alternative to purchasing, housing, and maintaining a physical server.
Virtual Server Hosting offers the following advantages over traditional physical servers:
- Hardware redundancy to prevent downtime in the event of hardware failures
- The ability to right-size server resources (RAM, CPU and Disk) based on application needs and the ability to change dynamically as those needs evolve
- Higher data center density which reduces server costs
- Eliminates the need for departmentally owned server infrastructure and periodic capital expenditures
- Provides 24x7 server monitoring and hardware technical support
Departments can choose to administer their own server or enroll the VM in the Server Administration Service. Both Linux and Windows server operating systems are supported.
Virtual Servers are billed monthly based on the configuration of the VM. Charges are as follows:
- Base Server: $18.50/server/month (does not include any CPU, RAM, or disk)
- VM Disk: $0.60/GB/month
- vCPU: $6.00/vCPU/month
- RAM: $6.00/GB/month
Optional services that can be combined with Virtual Server Hosting include:
- System Administration: $120/VM/month
- Server Image Backup: $0.08/GB/month
payable by MoCode
- UM System
To obtain Virtual Server Service, please contact CSG through the Server and Administration Services consultation request form.
For additional assistance, contact Tech Support at 573.882.5000.