The MU Data Center is a facility that houses campus computer systems and supporting infrastructure such as data storage systems, telecommunications, data connectivity, electrical power distribution, backup power systems, environmental systems, fire suppression systems and security systems.
The MU Data Center is a facility that houses campus computer systems and supporting infrastructure such as data storage systems, telecommunications, data connectivity, electrical power distribution, backup power systems, environmental systems, fire suppression systems, and security systems.
The center offers the following standard services and features:
- Uninterruptible power sources: Generator backup and redundant power sources
- Environmental control: Heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and exhaust systems
- Physical security systems: Access control and video surveillance
- Network security systems: Ongoing upgrades to firewall hardware and software
- Infrastructure management: Real-time monitoring and management of critical systems
Servers located in the Data Center can utilize up to 10 Mbps of Internet throughput.
Optional, separately charged services include:
- Additional Internet bandwidth
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Manual backup and off-site storage
- Automatic backup and off-site storage
Charges may apply depending on services required or requesting department. A service op department or a group requiring equipment to be housed in the PCI compliant section may incur charges.
Physical space per cubic foot:
$30.00 per cubic foot per month
Cubic foot space is generally used by departments not requiring an entire rack.
Physical space per square foot:
$136.25 per square foot per month
Square foot space is generally used by departments requiring one or more full racks' worth of space.
$13.75 per port per month
- MU Health Care
- UM System
- University Extension
Contact your departmental IT Pro or the Division of IT at 573.882.5000 for a consultation or submit one of these forms for specific service requests:
- Request to Place Equipment
- Request to Remove Equipment
- Request to Rename or Relocate Equipment
- Operations Service Request
- Request Security Access
- Server Inventory
- Consultation request (general)
Notice of Information Disclosure: Information from these forms will be used for Data Center operations only. It will not be used or released for any other purposes.
Standards for placing racks and equipment in Data Center:
- Size of rack (24" wide x 42" deep x 78.5" high)
- Two (L6-30) power plugs (one redundant for the other)
- Internet connection with Cat6 cable
Anything other than the standard needs special consideration.
For additional assistance, contact Tech Support at 573.882.5000.