Due to Covid-19, vendors have been allowing the use of software for free for a limited time.
Download Autocad at https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/autocad.
EndNote for Students
For EndNote Basic (free) or EndNote X9 (purchase), go to https://endnote.com/product-details/basic/.
Scroll to the Compare Features and Capacity table and select the appropriate link (free or buy).
For product and technical support, contact EndNote.
Kurzweil 3000 offers reading, writing and study tools that are easily customization to fit your preferences. Features include:
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR): Make documents editable. Convert scanned articles into editable documents for reading aloud.
- Highlighting: Create study guides. Highlight, extract and summarize study notes from large amounts of text.
- Text-to-Speech: Read text aloud to proofread documents. Customize the voice, reading speed and style to make reading enjoyable.
- See a complete list of Kurzweil 3ooo features.
- Read The Web browser extension: Chrome and Firefox.
- Desktop app: compatible with Mac and Windows. See Kurzweil 3000 Instructions.
- Mobile App: iPad, and iPod Touch (requires 11.0 or later) on the App Store.
Sign-up for an Account
Free 30 day trial: https://www.minitab.com/en-us/downloads/
Snap&Read by Don Johnston offers quick, intuitive tools for enhanced reading and writing within online productivity suites like Microsoft Office 365 and Google G Suite. Snap&Read can read accessible Portable Document Format (PDF) and websites too. Features include:
- Screenshot Reader: Convert images of text into readable text by taking a picture with a smartphone.
- Text Leveling: Convert difficult words into words that are easier to understand.
- Remove Distractions: Remove distractions to focus on the main text on a page.
- Creating Outlines: Extract text from documents, web pages, and more to create an outline.
- See a complete list of Snap&Read features.
Sign-up for an Account
Along with Snap&Read, Don Johnston offers Co: Writer. Use your Snap&Read account to access Co:Writer.
This tool gives a list of words and phrases even if grammar and spelling are way off, and speech recognition to help form ideas and write better.
- Word Prediction: Type a letter or two and Co:Writer “predicts” words and phrases in real-time.
- Topic prediction: Predicts ahead using topic-specific vocabulary when writing on a topic.
- Speech-to-text: Click on the microphone and speak to turn spoken words into text.
- See a complete list of Co:Writer features.