The Division of IT offers year-round training courses on various hardware and software to faculty, staff, students and the public. A core group of classes in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and web design are scheduled regularly throughout the year. Specialty classes, custom classes, and special events are also available.
Most classes are hands-on with computers, software, online manuals, and experienced instructors provided. Computers, programs, and class content are regularly updated to keep learning fresh. Come join us!
Regular classes take place between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, though exceptions may occur. Most classes are located in the Arts & Science Building, but locations vary by specific course. Please select class titles on the Training Calendar for class and location details.
Beginner classes are scheduled multiple times throughout the semester. More advanced and specialty courses may occur only once or twice per semester. If you wish to attend a complete series, please plan accordingly.
Unable to attend a class? Manuals and exercise files for most courses are available for download.
Cancelling enrollment within 48 hours of the start of the course, or not attending class, will incur a fee. Please review our enrollment policies before registering.
There is no charge for MU faculty, staff, and students who attend class.
There is a no-show fee of $39.00 or $71.00 per class, depending on class length, for those who do not attend and do not cancel more than 48 hours before the class.
There is a course fee for individuals not affiliated with the university. The course fee is payable by cash, check, credit card or invoice. Manuals and files are available free for the course taken after course completion.
3.5 hour class
1.5 hour class
1 hour iPad class (iPads not included)
Please see our Course Calendar for class and seat availability.
Our hands-on classroom training is available to everyone. Manuals and exercises will be provided for everyone during class and will be available for download after class.
Exceptions to Availability:
- Before class, manuals and exercises are restricted to MU, UM System, MU Health Care, and University Extension faculty, staff, and students. Individuals not affiliated with the university are allowed to download the manual and exercise files only for the classes they attended.
- SAS and IBM SPSS courses are not available to the public due to licensing restrictions. Refunds cannot be awarded for enrollments cancelled within 48 hours of the start of the course or for failure to attend class.
- The IT Pro Training program offers training classes for people seeking technical certifications and have limited enrollment. IT Pro Training provides the University and community with the best resources available to assist with high-end technical training and improvement.
- IT Training offers online training materials for PeopleSoft, Cognos, ImageNow, and other system-wide (enterprise) applications. Enterprise Applications Training is restricted to MU, UMKC, Missouri S&T, UMSL, UM System, MU Health Care, and University Extension faculty, staff, and students.
- Check our Calendar for class availability and seats remaining (new members of the public will need to create an account before using).
- Register online using the Online Registration System.
- Check out the Locations page for parking and location information.
Helpful Items to Bring
- A USB storage drive to save your manual or completed projects for later review
- A notebook to take notes
- Coffee? Beverages are allowed in our Arts & Sciences Building labs, though we ask you to be considerate of our equipment.
You do not need to bring a laptop. We have computers for everyone to use during class. If you would like to use your laptop, please download all class files before class begins.