Security Incident Investigation
The Division of IT assists the MU campus network in responding properly to security incidents, collecting and analyzing evidence, developing a remediation plan, and securing the University’s computer resources.
Examples of information security incidents and weaknesses include:
- A known or suspected compromise of a computer system, application, or database
- Email containing confidential information sent to the wrong recipient(s)
- Known uses of insecure (weak) passwords or sharing of passwords
- Unauthorized or old accounts within a computing system or database
- Physical theft or loss of computer or storage device
- Missing reports or printouts that are known to contain confidential information
- Abusive email
- Network abuse
- Junk faxes
- Copyright infringement
Read additional examples and details in the Mandatory Reporting Requirement.
Up to 4 hours of incident response services are available at no charge for UM-related security incidents. After 4 hours, ISAM may charge $75/hour for these services. Additionally, if ISAM determines that a security assessment is mandatory after an incident, a $75/hour fee may be charged for the assessment.
- graduate students
- undergraduate students
- UM System
- University Extension
Report Security Problems
These issues should be reported to email@example.com or by calling the appropriate help desk below:
- MU/UM employees should call Tech Support at 573.882.5000
- UMHC employees should call the ITS help desk at 573.884.4357
All reports will be handled in a timely and professional manner. More information about other commonly reported issues can be found below. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Report all threats to persons or property immediately by calling the MU Police Department at 573.882.7201 or Emergency Services at 911.
To reduce the amount of spam you receive, please visit junk email, unsolicited commercial email or spam. Also, to effectively report spam, please email the message as an attachment to email@example.com.
Report Abusive Email
Please send abusive or harassing email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must send the message as an attachment. Doing so will provide ISAM with valuable information that contains how the email was sent and from what location.
Report Network Abuse
Please report any viruses, network attacks, network or port scans, etc. to email@example.com. Please include the following:
- Description of the incident
- Any logs that pertain to the incident
- Time zone used for logs
- IP address of suspected computer
- Time and date of the incident
- Details of any action already taken
Report Junk Faxes
Junk faxes may be collected and mailed to the Missouri Attorney General's office at:
Missouri Attorney General's Office
Supreme Court Building
207 W. High St.
P.O. Box 899
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Report Copyright Infringement
Report concerns of copyright infringement or other abuse of intellectual property per instructions at Rules and Resources for Online Intellectual Property. Please visit the Division of IT's Safe Computing Best Practices for information about how to keep yourself and your computer safe on the Internet.
For additional assistance, contact Tech Support at 573.882.5000.