Secure File Transmission
The Division of IT allows University faculty and staff to safely transfer electronic files for University business that either cannot or should not be sent via the email system due to file size, file type or security content.
Options for securely transmitting electronic files include:
Using a browser or Microsoft Outlook, users can send files via a fully encrypted transmission to anyone with a valid email address. Secure TransmIT even provides the necessary security to send restricted or highly restricted data as defined by the UM Data Classification System (DCS). When using Secure TransmIT, the recipients receive an email with instructions and a link to pick up the package. The email message includes information about who sent the package as well as a one-time-use password to retrieve it.
The MOVEit system is used to securely transfer data files to and from internal and external entities of the University of Missouri. Production Support provides managed file transfers for UM system, the Hospital and UM Extension via MOVEit DMZ and MOVEit Central.MOVEit DMZ: Safely and securely collects, stores, manages and distributes sensitive information between the University and external entities. Web and secure FTP clients can upload and download files to MOVEit DMZ from internal and external networks.
- MOVEit DMZ can be used as a standalone AS3 server, but without MOVEit Central it has no way of encrypting or decrypting specific messages, such as AS2 files.
- MOVEit Central: When paired with MOVEit DMZ, MOVEit Central completes a secure transfer system which can securely receive, record and send files to and from almost anyone supporting a secure transfer protocol. Unlike MOVEit DMZ, MOVEit Central can support thousands of file transfer tasks and is used in production to securely and automatically move hundreds of thousands of files a day. MOVEit Central instantly knows when a file has arrived on MOVEit DMZ, or a Windows file system and can immediately begin transferring that file to its final destination.
- The MOVEit data source is provided through PeopleSoft, TIDAL and any system sending data files (such as banks, hospitals, the federal government, state government and Centurylink for VoIP).
Please consult the MOVEit DMZ Manual.
There are no fees associated with this service.
- MU Health Care
- Missouri S&T
- UM System
- University Extension
These services can be used by anyone in the University of Missouri system for University business.
This service should only be used for University business. Users are required to comply with all applicable policies, including but not limited to the University's Acceptable Use Policy and Information Security Program.
- Secure TransmIT: Contact Tech Support 573.882.5000 to join this service and be added to the appropriate distribution list(s).
- MOVEit: To start using MoveIT, please use MyServices.
For additional assistance, contact Tech Support at 573.882.5000.