Docusign is the global standard for Digital Transaction Management. Docusign provides automated workflow to manage signatures and other electronic transactions.
DocuSign can tun any paper or electronic document into a form that can accept electronic signature(s). This saves staff time traditionally spent printing, faxing, scanning, and storing paper forms. These electronic forms also provide:
- Automated workflows for when more than one signature is required.
- Built-in reminder and notification emails.
- Dashboard to view status and signatures.
Electronic forms can be sent to individuals or you can create self-service forms that allow your users to click on a link and start the signing process.
An audit log is available for documents and is admissible in court proceedings.
All legal use cases must be vetted by UM General Counsel. New legal use cases should be submitted to the General Counsel's Office. The University of Missouri is not licensed to document agreements and signatures between patients and providers (physicians).
The current approved list of legal use cases includes:
UM Business Services:
- Purchase & Sale Agreements
- Listing Agreement
- Other UM Business Services Instruments (case-by-case basis)
- Business Associate Agreements
- General contracts
- General agreements
- Release of non-directory information or directory information that has otherwise been restricted from release to third parties or for public viewing.
- Update a record of a student (e.g. application of Grade Replacement or Grade Point Average Adjustment policy).
UM Tech Transfer:
- Invention Disclosure Form
- Participant release forms
Internal use cases do not have to be approved by General Counsel. It is important to discuss these uses thoroughly and make sure they don’t have a legal angle before putting them in and/or assisting someone with putting them in DocuSign.
There are no fees associated with this service.
- MU Health Care
- Missouri S&T
- UM System
- University Extension
- Go to http://account.docusign.com
- Click on Company Login.
- Enter your University email.
- Click Continue.
- Enter your Username and Password.