Personalize Your Student Email Address
You may choose an additional email address for your Mizzou student email account. The new address will be derived from your name, which may be easier to use. Your current email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) will continue to work; you will receive messages sent to both addresses.
Important note: This is an additional email address, not a new Username (PawPrint). You will still need to use your Username to log in to your technology accounts, including email, computing site machines, Blackboard, and other systems that require your Username and password to log in. Your password will not change.
Things to Know Before Personalizing your Email Address
- You cannot have a personalized email address if you have asserted Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA); the University is required to withhold your directory information, including your email account. If you assert FERPA after selecting a personalized email address, your personalized email address will be automatically removed within 24-48 hours without notice. Any mail sent to the personalized address will not be delivered.
- Choosing a personalized email address might cause issues with posting messages to on-campus or off campus lists. Your new address may not be allowed to send to a listserv after enabling your new personalized email address. Unsubscribing and then resubscribing using your new address should fix this problem. Your ability to receive postings from the listserv should not be affected.
- Your message will still appear to come from Last Name, First Name (MU-Student). However, the email address will appear as your new personalized address.
How It Works
On the Personalize My Email Address page, you will see a list of options derived from your name. You can only choose one personalized email address. For example, Truman T. Tiger would see something similar to the list shown here. Even though some letters may be capitalized, your new address will not be case-sensitive. After choosing your personalized email address, it may take up to an hour to go into effect. If you run the Personalize My Email Address application more than once, the new address will replace your previously-chosen personalized address.
Personalized Email Address Terms
Please read the following terms before proceeding to personalize your MU email address:
- This is a new email address and does not replace your Mizzou Username (PawPrint) when logging in to MU technology accounts.
- If you have asserted (or in the future choose to assert) the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), you are not eligible for a personalized email address. If you have already set up a personalized address, it will be removed without notice upon your assertion of FERPA.
- Creating a personalized email address may cause problems with some listservs to which you subscribe. You might need to unsubscribe and resubscribe to lists.
- Once you choose your personalized email address, it may take up to an hour to go into effect.
To Personalize Your Email Address
- Log in to Manage your Office 365 Account with your Username and Password.
- Follow the directions to establish a personalized email address. It may take up to one hour before the personalized email goes into effect.
Once completed, emails you send will be received from your new address.