Laptop Loan Policy
- Laptops can be checked out by currently enrolled MU students.
- The laptop loan period is for two consecutive hours. If there is no waiting list, laptops may be renewed for additional two-hour loan periods.
- Laptops are available on a first come/first serve basis only. No advance reservations are allowed.
- Students will need to show their Mizzou Tiger Card.
- Students are allowed to have one laptop checked out at a time.
- The borrower is responsible for copying and/or saving any data from the laptop. Employees are not responsible for lost or damaged documents and data.
- Failure to comply with the rules and guidelines outlined in this agreement may result in the revocation of borrowing privileges and/or fines.
- Laptops will not be checked out during the last hour of business.
- Laptops must be returned in person, by the borrower. Do not drop off the laptop at the desk and leave before it has been checked in.
- Laptops must be returned before the Laptop Checkout Station closes, regardless of checkout time.
- The UM Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) applies to all Computing Site usage, including laptops in the Checkout Program.
- The borrower will not leave the laptop unattended for any length of time, remove it from the designated area, or loan it to another person.
- Laptops from the Laptop Checkout Program are to be used for academic purposes only.
- Tampering with existing hardware is not allowed.
- If the laptop is not returned on time, a non-refundable late fee of $5 per hour (until the closing of the Checkout Station that day) will be charged to the student.
- Late fees will be assessed in 30-minute increments until the closing of the site that day.
- Thereafter, a late fee of $50 per day will be charged to the student and MU Police will be notified.
- Returning a laptop late on more than two occasions may result in the revocation of checkout privileges from any site.
- The borrower is financially responsible for any damaged or missing laptops and components.
- If a laptop or component is damaged or missing, the borrower will be charged repair and/or replacement costs for both hardware and software.
- Replacement and repair costs are subject to change and will be assessed accordingly. (The approximate replacement cost is $2,500-$3,000.)