The Division of Information Technology strives to deliver high-quality information technology services to support teaching, learning, research, and administration for the University of Missouri and its enterprise affiliates.
View the DoIT organizational chart or read more about each of our technology teams below.
Brandon Hough, Director
Distributed IT provides support to faculty, staff, and students within the colleges, schools, and departments. This ranges from Helpdesk services, to Computing Sites and walk-up support, to providing direct departmental support. IT Professionals support employees and students, manage desktop hardware and software, and assist with classroom technologies. They also participate in the development of campus-wide standards and standardized processes to improve the overall IT environment, including improvements in information security.
- Tech Support:
- IT support in response to inquiries via phone, chat, or online self-help, and walk-up for all computing and Telecom questions and problems.
- Adaptive Computing:
- The Adaptive Computing Technology (ACT) Center works to ensure that MU students, faculty, and staff who need assistive technology have equal opportunity within the classroom and office.
- Student Computing Access:
- Computing labs across campus bring students easy access to computing resources, software, and printing.
Enterprise Applications Services
Ben Canlas, Director
Enterprise Applications Services (EAS) develops, implements and maintains computer applications that serve the entire UM enterprise as the backbone for UM, including HR/Payroll, Finance and Student systems. Using tools such as Cognos, EAS also facilitates the transformation of information into actionable reports and analyses for decision-making.
- Application Development:
- Develops and maintains a variety of student-facing applications.
- Data Warehouse and Reporting:
- Integrates data from a variety of sources, stores it, transforming it into meaningful information via customized reporting.
- Oracle/PeopleSoft Applications:
- Supports Finance and Administration, Human Resources and Enrollment and Student Management and Administration for the entire UM System.
- Application Services:
- Supports third-party enterprise applications which support services such as Document and Imaging Management, Risk and Insurance Management, IT Service Management, and Account Reconciliation.
Finance, Administration, Human Resources, Service Management, Marketing/Communications, and Training
Nikki Witting, Director
- Finance, Administration, and Human Resources:
- Provides critical business, financial, and logistical support services to the organizations within the Division of IT. These services include accounting, resource planning and budgeting, financial reporting and analysis, and procurement as well as asset and inventory management.
- Service Management:
- This group provides the structure and processes for moving IT forward with a customer portal for IT services including engaging stakeholders, designing IT systems, and operational processes. This also include marketing and communications of services to all audiences.
- Service Provisioning and Billing Processing:
- Receives requests for services from customers, initiates order fulfillment, job processing, and billing. Is the liaison between the customer and the technical groups within DoIT.
- Provides support to communicate all service offerings to customers through existing communication avenues. Also provides support to student services, such as Summer Welcome.
- IT Training:
- The training group provides IT training solutions for MU students, faculty, and staff on many supported software applications and facilitates the delivery of instructor-led, online, and custom courses.
Brandon Hough, UM Chief Information Security Officer
Information and data security ranks among the highest of priorities at the University of Missouri. Beyond just firewalls and virus scanners, effective information security systems incorporate a range of policies, security products, technologies, and procedures to deter unauthorized access to information and reduce vulnerability to network attacks. In addition this group provides Identity Management services to support each employee and student’s ID card and electronic account for access to buildings, rooms, systems and applications.
- Account Management (ISAM):
- Provides ID card and account management services to all MU’s faculty, staff, student, resource, and guest accounts; and provides assessments and inspections for IT solutions across campus.
- Security Awareness:
- ISAM offers support and education materials for departments, faculty, staff, and students.
- Systems Security:
- Provides security expertise and resources necessary to protect the University’s information assets and technology resources.
- Vulnerability Management:
- Takes a proactive approach to incident prevention, incident response, IT-centric disaster recovery, and business continuity programs.
Research Computing Support Services
Dr. Timothy Middelkoop, Director
- Research Computing Support Services:
- Solicits input from researchers and assesses needs for specialized, high-performance computing, storage, and networking. They also provide researchers education, training, and consulting so they can take full advantage of the available research computing resources.
Systems & Operations/Telecom
Bryan Roesslet, Chief Technology Officer/Associate VP, Sys & Ops/Telecom
Computer and telecom infrastructure and operations form the foundation of information technology. IT is at the heart of University programs, goals, and strategic initiatives and touches all individuals associated with the University. Systems and Operations/Telecom ensures the core infrastructure is reliable and stable, flexible enough to accommodate many aspects of research and academics, and cost effective.
- Data Center Services:
- Provides a secure and environmentally controlled facilities to house computing systems for MU and UM organizations.
- Provides support for faculty, staff, and student email and the infrastructure for instant messaging and directory services.
- System Administration:
- Maintains and secures server operating systems.
- Provides networks, including all aspects of the design, development, operations, and management of the University’s voice and data networks, all wired and wireless communications, and the two-way radio system.
- Vended Application Services:
- Provides support services for Box, SharePoint and other vended application as well as support for questions escalated from first-tier Tech Support.