The Division of Information Technology strives to deliver high-quality information technology services to support teaching, learning, research, and administration for the University of Missouri and its enterprise affiliates.
View the DoIT organizational chart or read more about each of our technology teams below.
Customer Service & Support
Kevin Bailey, Director
Customer Service & Support is responsible for providing information technology consulting and technology support for voice and data, managed desktops, and customer relationship management to departments, faculty, staff, and students. Customer Support proactively works with front-line service providers across the University system to facilitate the information technology business of the University.
- IT Training:
- The training group provides IT training solutions for MU students, faculty, and staff on many supported software applications and facilitates the delivery of instructor-led, online, and custom courses.
- Technology Support:
- IT support in response to inquiries via social media, email, phone, and walk-up for all computing and telecom questions and problems.
- Vended Application and Technology Support Services:
- These groups support enterprise applications and the faculty and staff who use those applications. Provides support services for email, managed desktops, Blackboard Transact, cloud services, and support for questions escalated from first-tier Tech Support.
Brandon Hough, Director
Distributed IT provides support to faculty, staff, and students within the colleges, schools, and departments. IT Professionals administer systems and networks, deploy desktop hardware and software, and support classroom technologies. They also participate in the development of campus-wide standards and standardized processes to improve the overall IT environment, including improvements in information security.
- Adaptive Computing:
- The Adaptive Computing Technology (ACT) Center works to ensure that MU students, faculty, and staff who need assistive technology have equal opportunity within the classroom and office.
- Student Computing Access:
- Computing labs across campus bring students easy access to computing resources, software, and printing.
Enterprise Applications Services
John Gillispie, Associate Vice President
Enterprise Applications Services (EAS) develops, implements and maintains computer applications that serve the entire UM enterprise as the backbone for UM, including HR/Payroll, Finance and Student systems. Using tools such as Cognos, EAS also facilitates the transformation of information into actionable reports and analyses for decision-making.
- Develops and maintains a variety of student-facing applications.
- Data Warehouse and Reporting:
- Integrates data from a variety of sources, stores it, transforming it into meaningful information via customized reporting.
- Oracle/PeopleSoft Applications:
- Supports Finance and Administration, Human Resources and Enrollment and Student Management and Administration for the entire UM System.
Finance, Administration & Human Resources
Nikki Witting, Director
- Finance, Administration, and Human Resources:
- Provides critical business, financial, and logistical support services to the organizations within the Division of IT. These services include accounting, resource planning and budgeting, financial reporting and analysis, and procurement as well as asset and inventory management.
Brandon Hough, Interim UM Chief Information Security Officer
Information and data security ranks among the highest of priorities at the University of Missouri. Beyond just firewalls and virus scanners, effective information security systems incorporate a range of policies, security products, technologies, and procedures to deter unauthorized access to information and reduce vulnerability to network attacks.
- Account Management (ISAM):
- Provides account management services to all MU’s faculty, staff, student, resource, and guest accounts; and provides assessments and inspections for IT solutions across campus.
- Security Awareness:
- ISAM offers support and education for UM, MU, and UMHC departments as well as MU faculty, staff, and students.
- Systems Security:
- Provides security expertise and resources necessary to protect the University’s information assets and technology resources.
- Vulnerability Management:
- Takes a proactive approach to incident prevention, incident response, IT-centric disaster recovery, and business continuity programs.
Research Computing Support Services
Dr. Timothy Middelkoop, Director
- Research Computing Support Services:
- Solicits input from researchers and assesses needs for specialized, high-performance computing and network resources. It works to ensure that the campus’ computing and networking infrastructure is positioned to support researchers and to provide education, training, and consulting for them to take full advantage of the resources available.
Strategic Project Management Office
John Nemec, Director
- Strategic Project Management Office (SPMO):
- Lends strategic planning and project management expertise to projects that span the business units of the University of Missouri. The SPMO team of business consultants and project managers are responsible for the support and guidance of identified projects and programs, development of and training on the standard project management tools and methodologies, provision of strategic communication regarding projects and portfolios, management of the portfolio of projects, and identification of available resources to accomplish projects.
Systems & Operations/Telecom
Bryan Roesslet, Director
Computer and telecom infrastructure and operations comprise the foundation of information technology. IT is at the heart of all the University’s programs, goals, and strategic initiatives and touches all individuals associated with the University. Systems and Operations/Telecom ensures the core infrastructure is reliable and stable, yet flexible enough to accommodate all aspects of research and academics in the university environment.
- Data Center Services:
- Provides a secure and environmentally controlled facility to house computing systems for MU and UM organizations.
- Manages, deploys, secures, and supports University e-commerce applications.
- Provides overall support for faculty, staff, and student email and the infrastructure for Exchange Live Communication Server and Active Directory.
- Production Support:
- Provides professional administrative support for mission-critical services including monitoring and scheduling PeopleSoft administrative processes, archiving administrative reports produced from PeopleSoft applications, secure data transfers both internally and externally, and support for enterprise printing.
- System Administration:
- Maintains UNIX, Linux, MVS, and Windows operating systems and their related enterprise storage solutions.
- Provides University-wide networks and networking endeavors, including all aspects of the design, development, operations, and technical management of the University’s voice and data networks, all wired and cellular voice communications, and the two-way radio system.