Connect to Mizzou Cable
Any cable-ready TV can be connected directly to the cable outlet for immediate access. If a TV is not cable-ready, a cable converter box might be needed or a cable-ready VCR can be used as the channel tuner.
- Make sure the TV is "cable-ready".
- Use a coaxial cable with the proper connections on each end to connect the TV to the standard cable outlet.
- Make sure that the TV has been set for Cable Television (CATV) reception, not Antenna (ANT or AIR). Many television sets default to regular antenna signal source when unplugged.
Adding a VCR/DVD
- Two separate lengths of coaxial cable are needed.
- Connect the cable outlet to the VCR/DVD.
- Connect the VCR/DVD to the TV.
If you're experiencing problems with cable TV, call the Division of IT at (573)882-5000. Technicians respond the same day to problems reported during regular office hours (8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday). Problems reported after hours will be addressed the following business day.