Open Lab Sessions
IT Training conducts Open Lab sessions on most Friday afternoons for MU faculty, staff and students only. We host Open Lab sessions from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. in 25 Arts and Sciences Building. No appointment is necessary. If you want to work with a particular trainer, contact the trainer in advance to ensure s/he is present.
Open Lab Guidelines
- Students don't have to take an IT Training course to be eligible for Open Lab assistance. We'll assess your specific needs and show you how to use the application. We won't, however, complete your homework assignment for you.
- Faculty and staff need to attend at least one class in the application for which you need help.
- To get the most out of an open lab session, we strongly recommend you bring data from an academic project on a CD or USB drive.
- We will help you with all software applications in our teaching portfolio, except SAS and IBM SPSS.
- We will use the application version currently loaded on our training lab machines.
- We won't be able to help you with programming.
- Sessions end at 4 p.m., unless you and the trainer agree to continue.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (573)882-5000.
If you have a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act and require a specific accommodation, please call (573)882-5000 and/or notify an IT Training staff member upon registration. The Division of IT will make every effort to provide an accommodation. If you would like additional information regarding adaptive technology accommodations for persons with disabilities, please visit the Division of IT Adaptive Computing Technology Center site or call (573)884-2828.