Division of IT: Security
IT Security Incident Reporting
Report SpamTo reduce the amount of spam you receive, please visit junk email, unsolicited commercial email or spam. Also, to effectively report spam, please email the message as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Report Security ProblemsUniversity employees are required to report all suspected information security incidents and weaknesses to the Division of IT. Examples of information security incidents and weaknesses include:
- A known or suspected compromise of a computer system, application, or database
- Email containing confidential information sent to the wrong recipient(s)
- Known uses of insecure (weak) passwords or sharing of passwords
- Unauthorized or old accounts within a computing system or database
- Physical theft or loss of computer or storage device
- Missing reports or printouts that are known to contain confidential information
- MU/UM employees should call the Division of IT help desk at (573) 882-5000
- UMHC employees should call the ITS help desk at (573) 884-4357
Up to 4 hours of incident response services are available at no charge for UM-related security incidents. After 4 hours, ISAM may charge $75/hour for these services.
Additionally, if ISAM determines that a security assessment is mandatory after an incident, a $75/hour fee may be charged for the assessment.
Report Abusive EmailPlease send abusive or harassing email to email@example.com. You must send the message as an attachment. Doing so will provide ISAM with valuable information that contains how the email was sent and from what location.
Report Network AbusePlease report any viruses, network attacks, network or port scans, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following:
- Description of the incident
- Any logs that pertain to the incident
- Time zone used for logs
- IP address of suspected computer
- Time and date of the incident
- Details of any action already taken
Report Junk FaxesJunk faxes may be collected and mailed to the Missouri Attorney General's office at: Consumer Protection
Missouri Attorney General's Office
Supreme Court Building
207 W. High St.
P.O. Box 899
Jefferson City, MO 65102