Division of IT: Network Services
Off-Campus Network Access
- TigerLink: MU offers dial-up service through TigerLink.
- Outside internet service providers: You can access University resources through other Internet service providers (ISPs). You need to use a Virtual Private Networking (VPN) client to access some resources including, but not limited to, email access using Microsoft Outlook.
- Webmail: Recommended for accessing email from off-campus. Webmail provides many of the features found in Outlook. Log in to faculty/staff Webmail.
- Outlook: Outlook can be used off-campus, though it is not recommended. You must connect to the MU network using a VPN client.
- Outlook Express: Outlook Express comes pre-installed on most Windows computers. It is not quite as full-featured as Outlook.
Web Hosting/File Storage
You can connect to Bengal and other servers using secure programs. For more information, see the hosting services page.