Web hosting allows students, faculty/staff, and departments to develop and upload web pages. To learn about no-charge courses for developing web pages, see Web Design Training.
All web hosting services offered by the Division of IT include the following:
- Web server configurations that provide redundancy and fail-over in case of hardware failures or disasters to keep your website downtime to a minimum.
- System monitoring available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
- Access to technical staff training in Internet Administration to assist with troubleshooting and consulting.
- Nightly backup and restore — all web servers administered by the Division of IT are backed up.
Availability and Fees
Bengal provides 200 MB of no-charge space per student for web hosting, file storage, statistical analysis, programming, and other resources. Additional Bengal space is available for a monthly charge of $3 per 500 MB per month, charged to student accounts.
Columbia campus faculty/staff and Extension staff receive a no-charge web hosting/file storage quota of 200 MB; additional space is available for $3 per 500 MB per month. Any space needs above the no-charge quota are billable to departmental MoCode.
Departmental or organizational websites receive a no-charge quota of 200 MB; any space utilized above the no-charge quota will be billed to departmental MoCode. Please see the departmental web hosting page for more information.
Faculty/staff and students should use the Bengal account request tool to subscribe to Bengal hosting.
To check your web hosting space usage, follow the instructions in the KnowledgeBase.
For departmental web hosting, please refer to the departmental web hosting page.
Other Hosted Services
SAS is available for statistical analysis. To learn about no-charge SAS training courses, see SAS training.
Available programming languages and libraries include:
- C Compiler
- Objective-C Compiler
- C++ Compiler
- GNU Fortran77 Compiler
- Java, Java Compiler, J2EE Libraries
The IT Help Desk does not provide phone support for programming languages and libraries.