The Division of IT regularly reviews user accounts to determine if the account owner is eligible for electronic resources. When an account owner no longer meets the eligibility criteria, the owner loses access to resources and the account is identified for account expiration.
- enrolled for the current or a future semester
- admitted for a future semester
- employee in a student employee title
- documented exception (verified by the Division of IT)
- Employed as a faculty or staff member
- COLUMBIA business unit personnel are eligible for the UMC-USERS domain (unless otherwise specified below)
- UM SYSTEM or Extension business unit personnel are eligible for the UM-USERS domain
- HOSPITAL business unit personnel, Columbia School of Medicine personnel, and School of Health Professions departmental personnel are eligible for the UMHS-USERS domain
- Enrolled in the Easy Access Retiree program - eligible for the UMC-USERS domain
- An Emeritus Professor, on file with the MU Provost - eligible for the UMC-USERS domain
- A documented exception (verified by the Division of IT)
- A documented sponsor, the sponsor must be employed by the university
- A purpose or use for the account documented
- A valid expiration date, up to one year in the future
To learn more about requesting Visitor & Temporary Access.