About The Division of Information Technology
The mission of DoIT is to facilitate the University's mission through IT.
- Reliability — our computing and network infrastructure systems and applications are secure and designed/operated to ensure maximum uptime.
- Fiscal Responsibility — we use financial resources effectively.
- Service — we provide and support information technology products and services to help students, faculty, and staff achieve their goals.
- Innovation — we strive to provide creative solutions to state-of-the-art software applications and infrastructure.
- Accessibility — we ensure our facilities and on-line resources are accessible to persons with disabilities.
Conceptually, the Division of IT delivers services and products using the layered ASIA model. Administratively, the Division of IT represents the consolidation of UM and MU central IT organizations. The Division of IT reports to Dr. Gary Allen, who serves as both the MU Chief Information Officer and the Vice President for Information Technology. See our organizational structure page or organizational chart for detailed information.
Please refer to our Policies page for more information on University email, networking, safe computing, and telecommunications policies.